Time: June 11, 2009 from 12:30pm to 5pm
Location: Microsoft Alpharetta
Street: 1125 Sanctuary Parkway, Suite 300
City/Town: Alpharetta Georgia 30004
Website or Map: https://msevents.microsoft.co…
Event Type: windows loadfest
Organized By: Cheyenne Throckmorton
Latest Activity: May 27, 2009
Come spend the afternoon with us going through a fun, hands-on-lab and presentation-based seminar that will go over some the new features and benefits of Windows 7. According to many independent reviews, Windows 7 will definitely be an OS to deploy in the enterprise, so it’s not a question of IF you will need to work with Windows 7, but rather WHEN. That being the case, this is a great way to get a head start on the training you need RIGHT now with this FREE seminar, so you can be prepared when users call you about Windows 7. This session will enable you to hit the road running on the latest version of Windows, or at the very least, help you find out if this is really as good as you have heard!
We will start the afternoon installing the latest available public build of Windows 7 on your test computer, (preferably laptop), that meets the minimum configuration listed below. We will run through some of the key improvements that have been made from the user perspective and we’ll also take a look at some of the great new features Windows 7 has to better manage your computers in the corporate environment.
Make sure your desktop or laptop meets these minimum requirements:
• 1 GHz 32-bit or 64-bit processor
• 1 GB of system memory
• 16 GB of available disk space
• Support for DirectX 9 graphics with 128 MB memory (to enable the Aero theme)
• DVD-R/W Drive
1. The system WILL BE WIPED, (unless you use virtualization), so do NOT bring systems that have any data on them that you wish to keep.
2. If you decide to bring a Desktop Computer please review the following:
a. We will NOT be providing monitors, keyboards, mice, or any associated cables, including power cables, so make sure you bring the required hardware to run your system.
b. Get there early as you will likely need a little more time to setup than the users.
c. We will NOT have any hand trucks or carts to help you bring equipment in so, please come prepared.
3. There will be no ongoing support for the pre-release software after the loadfest. We will, however, make a best effort on the day to get your system up and running.
4. Make sure your test computer has a wireless card that works with Windows Vista/Windows 7.
5. There will be 32-bit and 64-bit Windows 7 Beta DVDs available*. (while supplies last)
6. Refreshments and snacks will be provided.
*Offer open only to IT Professionals who are legal residents of the 50 United States (includes District of Columbia) who register and attend one of the Windows 7 Loadfests between May 7 and June 30, 2009. Limit one DVD per registered attendee while supplies last. This offer ends on June 30 , 2009, and is not redeemable for cash. Taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the recipient. Gift must be claimed on-site by the end of each event.